Tuesday, March 13, 2012

dollar store flower petal skirt

I made this dress almost a year ago but every time my daughter wears this dress people ask where I got it.  I thought that I would put the information up here for where I found the instructions on what to do,  dollar store petal skirt.  Since the instructions are for an adult skirt I modified it.  Also, I apologize in advance.  I didn't take pictures of this dress as I was making it.  In my mind I thought it would be a disaster and end up as a Halloween costume or play dress.  

I used my older sons old white t-shirt as the base which worked great.  Then I bought a scrap piece of fabric from the remnants at JoAnn's for the strapless part.  In the back I did a tear drop so there is one button on the top of the dress.  The straps are 1 inch hot pink ribbon that I straight stitched onto the bodice of the dress.  Then i straight stitched the same ribbon between the two pieces of fabric, strapless polka-dot to the flower petal skirt to add length and more color....not bad for my first dress and only $3 for everything I needed. 


 It was freezing when I took this picture, hence the shirt underneath.  But looks super cute with a bolero cardigan...my daughter won't keep a jacket on though....

No comments:

Post a Comment