Thursday, March 15, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Cupcake

After seeing how cute the St. Patrick Day cookies turned out I thought I would take a spin at turning them into a cupcake.  For full details on how to make the cookies refer to the shamrock cookie recipe.  However I did add a few pictures of the chocolate shamrock.  This time I made the three dots but then I added another dot in the middle and used my lollipop stick to pull the dots together and then dragged the remaining chocolate down to make a stem.  
Then I made chocolate cupcakes.  I didn't have time to make them from scratch so I did a semi-homemade version....recipe below
1 box of dark chocolate cake
1 stick of melted butter (1/2 cup)
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup water
3 eggs
1 cup of chopped chocolate chips
Pre-Heat oven to 350 and cook for 22 minutes

I made a chocolate frosting to go on top....seriously the best chocolate frosting.  I save the leftovers and put it on graham crackers when I am desperate for a chocolate fix...
2 sticks soft butter (1 cup)
2 cups powdered sugar
2 cups melted chocolate chips
mix on medium speed


 Add on some green sprinkles, the shamrock or the shamrock cookie and you have a fabulous St. Patrick Day treat.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment